- Reduce the risk of musculoskeletal injuries and the associated costs
- Provides a safe, dignified lift
- Ideal for confined spaces, such as bathrooms or hallways
- Can be used inside or out, including when travelling or on day trips
- Does not need a LOLER certificate
- Lifts up to 450kg
- Easy to use, with minimal staff training required
- Battery powered and portable
- Designed to lift a person from the floor with the help of only one carer
- Easy to store
- Easy to clean
The ELK is an emergency lifting cushion designed to provide a safe, dignified lift and is recognised for reducing the risk of injury to carers.
Used in a range of settings, the ELK is used by trusted ambulance services across the globe as well as by hospitals, telecare response teams and care homes. Its ease of use means it is also ideal for families who care for a loved one with a propensity to fall but want to remain living independently at home.
If someone has a fall they can shuffle onto the cushion, or be rolled on from the recovery position and assisted to sit upright. The ELK can then be inflated at the touch of a button with someone supporting the individual from behind to bring them to a raise seated position ready to stand.
This product includes the Airflo 24 compressor.
Maximum user weight